top of page



Specific requirements for membership are contained in the National By-laws.


There are 3 types of CVMA Membership:


Full Member (FM): If you are a combat veteran who is serving, or who has served, in the United States Armed Forces and ride a motorcycle you could be eligible for membership with the CVMA.


If you were active duty, reserve, or National Guard and you deployed to a combat theater of operations, you are a qualified applicant. You must own, operate, and carry current insurance on a motorcycle of 500cc or above. Veterans, active duty, reserve, and National Guard personnel must be prepared to show proof of combat military service or deployment, on official DOD stationary or forms by:


Veterans: DD214


Active Duty/Reserve/National Guard:


• Army: ORB/ERB (2-1)


• Marine Corps/Navy: Page 4


• Air Force: Award Data Record Page


• Coast Guard: PDR Award Page


Auxiliary (AUX): Must be the spouse, widow, or widower of a FM and prepared to show proof by Marriage License and/or Death Certificate.


Support Member (SUP): Must be a veteran of the United States Armed Forces. Must be sponsored by a FM and complete needed riding criteria as set forth in the By-laws, and provide documentation of service. Support membership has specific limitations.


In order to join, contact a CVMA officer who will contact you and invite you to the next Chapter meeting or meet and greet.  Bring a copy of your DD214 or related docs to verify you are qualified for membership. You will be required to complete a application there or it can be turned in at a later time to the Chapter leadership.  All applicants must read and understand the National By-Laws and National Protocols. These are the guidelines under which the CVMA® operates. Email questions to a Chapter or State Officer.


To obtain more information on membership, select the chapter that is geographically suitable for you, navigate to the Leadership page, click on the Chapter link and contact them about joining.

bottom of page